Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Divorce

Going through a divorce is not a fun process and I don't think I would wish it upon my worst enemy. One very important thing I learned was true colors come shining through. There was one question I kept asking myself and others and that was, "Who is he?" He is not the person I married. He is not the kind, caring and understanding man I loved. He turned out to be a cruel, heartless and mean person.

I think the actual court date was the worst of any. I really felt like I was in a lifetime movie and I was numb. His lawyer was a complete jerk and tried to get some outrageous things. I, on the other hand had a great lawyer and I thank my lucky stars everyday I had him. His lawyer tried to make it seem like I was the one that wanted this divorce just because I filed first. He tried to make it look like I was trying to keep the boys from their dad. He tried to make it look like he was struggling financially. My lawyer shot every single thing right down and the judge saw right through it.

I was doing really well and had not broken down UNTIL... it was told that he was living with his "girlfriend", aka, HOMEWRECKER and she was not paying rent! REALLY??? Here you sit trying to say oh I can't afford to pay her any money to take care of our kids but my whore is living with me for FREE!!! What a jackass. At that moment I knew he had been lying to me and the boys knew who she was. I was so upset.

In the end, the judge was very fair and I ended up getting almost everything I asked for. I tried to tell him that if he divorced me he would be poor and I was right. In order to understand that statement let me tell you a little something about this man I married. HE WAS A TIGHTASS!! Any time he would spend money his ass would squeak!! So, the sweetest revenge for me is when his pocketbook takes a hit. I know this must make me sound like a gold digger but I am really not. It is just that he was so callous towards me and the one way I know he is hurting is by seeing his precious money slip away!

No comments:

Post a Comment